3D Rocketship Diarama - Recycle Craft
What you need:
• Recycled boxes, cracker box or similar sized box
• Foam Sheets, blue, yellow, green, orange, red
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required for use of a glue gun)
1. When cutting the box, you need the front/side panel of the box as one piece, so cut it keeping the front/side panel attached approx. 11" x 5.25".
2. Measure, cut and glue blue foam onto the large part of the cut out box and orange foam on the small part (bottom). Let dry.
3. To make the background stand up, use pieces of the recycled box and glue onto the back of the blue background. See diagram.
4. Using the templates, trace the rocket and rocket base onto the leftover box pieces and cut out. Repeat step onto green foam sheet. Glue the foam and cardboard together. Let dry.
5. Cut your photo’s to size. Remember they will need to fit onto the rocket. Using the red foam, cut out base circles, just larger than each photo. Glue the photo’s onto the red foam and when dry, glue onto the rocket.
6. Add foam accents like wings and nose tip. Tip: Layering the elements helps create a 3-D effect.
7. Insert foam piece between the space on the bottom of the rocket.
Fire and Smoke
8. Use the photo as a guide. Cut out red and orange foam shapes, glue pieces together and let dry. To make the piece stand, use pieces of the recycled box and glue onto the back of the fire background. See illustration.