What you need:
• Elmer's Alphabet Beads
• Elmer's Pony Beads
• 60 cm of Stretch Lace
• 1 Pink Foam Sheet
• 1 Elmer's Clothespin
• Scissors, pencil, eraser, paper
• Elmer's Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required for use of a glue gun)
TIP: Refer to the photo as a guide.
1. From the Pink Foam Sheet cut 3 strips measuring 1 x 6 cm/0.39 x 2.3622 in..
2. Glue all three of the strips together at the bottom. Use the Clothespin to hold the strips together until dry.
3. Add glue to the center strip on both sides about 2 cm/0.75 in. down from the top. Bend each outside strip to glue to the middle of the center strip. This will form a heart. Use the Clothespin to hold the foam strips until they dry.
4. Punch or make a hole in the top of the middle strip, so that it can be added to your necklace.
5. Choose the length of Stretch Lace that you would like your necklace to be, we used 60 cm/23.5 in.
6. Tie a small loop at the end of your necklace. Big enough so the beads won’t slide off.
7. Thread the Beads onto the Stretch Lace adding a Valentine’s message to your necklace with the Alpha Beads as you go.
8. Once you reach the middle of your necklace thread the necklace through the foam heart.
9. Continue to add Beads and messages to your necklace.
10. Finish by threading the end through your starting loop and tie two overhand knots. Now your necklace is ready to be given to your Valentine.