Red Caterpillar Pencil Topper
What you need:
• Foam sheet - red, yellow, black
• Pom Pom, large – yellow, small – black
• Chenille Stem, black
• Jiggly Eyes
• Hole Punch
• Elmer’s Foam Glue, Elmer’s Glue All or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required when using a glue gun)
1. Using the red foam sheet, cut out a piece 1 in. wide x 6 in. long (2.5 cm x 15 cm). Fold it accordion style into approx. 1 in. squares and press the edges firmly.
2. Using a hole punch, punch a hole into the centre of each square. Make sure the hole is large enough for the pencil to fit through.
3. Glue one end of the foam to the bottom centre of the yellow pom pom and let dry. Glue on eyes and black pom pom for the nose.
4. Once dry, fold chenille stems into shape for the antennae, and insert into the pom pom head adding glue to the tip for extra strength.
5. Thread pencil through the holes and secure on. Using the hole punch, punch out yellow and black circles from the foam sheets. Glue on as accent pieces and let dry.