Easter Bunny Treat Holder
• Large Foam sheets – white, pink, red
• Chenille Stems- 3 pink, 1 red
• Pom Poms – 1 large red, 3 small pink
• 2 Jiggly eyes
• Paper, pencil, eraser, scissors
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (adult supervision required with glue gun)
TIP: Refer to the photo as a guide.
1. Using the image as a guide, draw the bunny face shape (heart shape) on a piece of paper. Make the shape at least 18 x 22cm/7 x 8.5 in. and cut it out. Trace the shape onto the large White Foam Sheet and cut 2 shapes out.
2. Glue the 2 faces together, starting half way down the face and along the bottom and half way up the other side, this creates the treat pocket.
3. Draw both the inside and outside pieces of the ear onto a piece of paper to use as a template. Make the outside ear shape at least 16 x 8 cm/6.0 x 3.0 in. and the inside ear the 14 x 4.5cm/5.5 x 1.75 in. Cut both pieces out. Trace the outside ear shape onto the White Foam Sheet and the inside ear part onto the Pink Foam Sheet. Cut both pieces out. Glue the pink ear to the white ear.
4. Bend one of the ears over and glue into place.
5. Glue the bottom of the ears inside the treat pocket, to the front of the back piece and let dry.
6. Glue the Jiggly Eyes onto the face. Glue the Red Pom Pom on for the nose.
7. Cut small pieces of the Red Chenille Stem and glue onto the face for eyebrows.
8. For the whiskers, cut 6 Pink Chenille pieces 7.5 cm/3 in. long. Twist the pieces around a pencil. Glue onto the face with the small Pink Pom Poms.
9. Cut a 2 x 21.5 cm/0.75 x 8.5 in. strip from the Red Foam Sheet. Loop over and attach to the back of the bunny for a handle.