What you need:
• Foam sheets – yellow, orange and green
• Pom Poms
• Wood dowels
• 3D Paint Pens
• Shimmer’n Shine Glue
• Paint - yellow
• Juice container
• Elmer’s Foam Glue, Elmer’s Glue All or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required when using a glue gun)
1. Create and draw 3 flower patterns, each one smaller than the one before. Trace onto the foam sheets and cut out the shapes. Using your cut out shapes, layer and glue the three pieces together using the Elmer’s Craft Bond Foam Glue and let dry.
2. Draw a leaf pattern onto the green foam sheets. Make one side of the leaf pattern straight edged and use the pattern to cut the leaves out of the green foam. Using a hole punch, punch 2 holes on the straight side of the leaf. Set them aside.
3. Paint the wooden dowel with yellow pain and set aside to dry.
4. Use the Shimmer’n Shine to paint around the outside of the large flower and to glue a pom-pom to the centre of the smallest flower. Once the Shimmer’n Shine is dried, use the 3D paint pens to add accents to the flower petals and let dry.
5. Glue the dried dowel onto the back of the flower using Elmer’s Glue All and let dry.
6. Take the foam flower pedals and slide them onto the dowel through the punched holes.
7. Using a juice jar to hold your flowers, cut to size and cover with a foam sheet. Then staple or glue the sheet in place. A good idea is to use coloured elastics to hole the foam in place. Decorate container with foam pieces, stickers, glitter and more!