Happy Birthday Poster Board
Get everyone at the party to sign the board!
What you need:
• Elmer's Red Foam Board
• Glitter Foam Sheets
• Elmer's Foam Sheets
• 2 Elmer's Foam Circles - yellow, blue
• 2 Elmer's Yellow Foam Stars
• Elmer's Glow in the Dark Star Foam Stickers
• Elmer's Sweet Shop Foam Stickers
• Elmer's Board Mate Repositionable Bright Paper Letters and Numbers (2.5 in)
• Elmer's Board Mate Repositionable Black Paper Letters and Numbers (4 in)
• Sticky Jewels
• Scissors, pencil, eraser, paper
• Elmer's Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (Adult supervision required for use of a glue gun)
TIP: Refer to the photo as a guide.
1. In the top left corner of the Foam Board, lay a medium sized bowl upside down. The bowl will act as a template so that you can make the words "Happy Birthday" in a circular pattern using Elmer's Board Mate Repositionable Bright Paper Letters and Numbers (2.5 in). (Note: The bowl must be larger than the Foam Circles you will use for the balloons.) Glue down the letters and let dry.
2. Glue 2 Yellow Foam Stars onto the Board in between the two words to separate them. Decorate the yellow Foam Stars with Glow in the Dark Star Foam Stickers and a cake sticker from the Sweet Shop Foam Sticker collection.
3. Trace one of the Foam Circles onto a White Glitter Foam Sheet and cut it out.
4. To make the round part of each balloon. Pinch one side of each circle and then glue just the edges onto the board. One balloon should be placed in the middle of "Happy Birthday" and the other two below.
5. Cut out three triangles that match the three colours of the balloons. These triangles will be the ties for the balloons. Cut the bottom edge of these triangles wavy to look like an actual balloon tie.
6. Tie a long ribbon around each of the foam triangles and glue the triangles in place under the pinched area of the balloon. Next glue the ends of the ribbon onto the board.
7. Decorate the balloons. We added the age of the child on one of the balloons and Glow in the Dark Star Foam Stickers to another.
8. For the finishing touch, add Sticky Jewels around the outside of the board to make it sparkle.
9. Now you're ready to celebrate!