Magnetic Penguin Memo Holder
What you need:
• Foam Sheets (30 x 45 cm/11.8 x 17.7 in.), black, white and orange
• Glitter Foam Sheets (15.24cm x 22.86cm), gold
• 2 Mini Clothespins
• Chenille Stems – orange or black
• 2 Jiggly Eyes
• Black Marker
• Adhesive Magnet Roll
• Paper, pencil, eraser, scissors
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (adult supervision required with glue gun)
TIP: Refer to the photo as a guide.
1. Using the image as a reference cut a penguin body and two wings out of a Black Foam Sheet.
2. Set the wings aside and cut and glue Magnetic Strips onto the back of the penguin body.
3. Using a White Foam Sheet cut out face and belly of the penguin and glue to the black body.
4. Cut a bow tie out of a Glitter Foam Sheet and glue into place.
5. Glue 2 Jiggly Eyes into place.
6. Cut a beak and feet from an Orange Foam Sheet.
7. Glue the beak into place and use a Black Marker to put on the nose holes.
8. Glue the feet into place, attaching two Chenille Stems to the back so that you can bend the feet out and make your penguin more dimensional.
9. Glue the wings to the back of the body.
10. Bend one wing around to the front of the body and glue a Mini Clothespin under it.
11. Repeat step 9 with the other wing.
12. Your Penguin is now ready to hold notes between the hidden Clothespins.
TIP: He would make a great picture frame too, simply clip your favourite photo in place and enjoy!