Poppy Peace Wreath
What you need:
• 5 Construction Paper Sheets, red
• 10 Large Foam Sheets, red
• 5 Glitter Foam Sheets, black
• Paper, pencil, eraser, scissors
• Elmer’s Tacky Glue or Glue Gun (adult supervision required with glue gun)
TIP: Refer to the photo as a guide
1. Drawing a peace sign onto a piece of paper with a diameter of at least 30 cm (12”). This will be your template. Cut out the template and trace the pattern onto a large Red Foam Sheet and cut that out. This is the base of the wreath.
2. Draw a small poppy onto a piece of paper for a template. Make the shape at least 5.5 x 5.5 cm (2 ¼” x 2 ¼”) and cut out. Trace the poppy onto the Red Foam Sheet approx. 23 times and cut out.
3. Draw a larger poppy pattern onto a piece of paper for a template. Make the shape at least 8 x 8 cm (3 x 3 in.) and cut it out. Trace the shape onto the Red Construction Paper and cut 23 poppies out.
4. Glue the small foam poppies onto the larger construction paper poppies and let dry.
5. Cut 23 poppy centers from the Black Glitter Foam Sheets approx. 2 ½ cm (1”) and glue onto the poppies.
6. Using the image as a guide, glue the poppies onto the peace sign, overlapping them slightly. Once they are all glued on, you are ready to hang your wreath.